- Lead, manage and support pre and post contract commercial activities of the Business Unit
Position Typically Reports To:
- Contract procurement and risk management, ensure risks profiling has been carried out for each project.
- Maximizing cash management and profitability of the business unit, provide cash flows for each project, updated weekly and copied to the Commercial Director and Finance Director.
- Protecting companies financial and contractual position, ensure that all terms, conditions and obligations meet the requirements of the policies and procedure.
- Ensuring financial close on each project in a timely fashion.
- Managing dispute resolution.
- Implementation of strategic commercial plans to meet changes in circumstances in the project, post-commencement.
- Working with the Project Delivery Teams in ensuring compliance with contractual timescales on delays and claims notices and the proper maintenance of all records required to substantiate clients contractual position.
- Ensuring that effective commercial management is provided throughout the department including training and coaching as necessary.
- Developing relationships with clients/supply chain/professional team.
- Training, mentoring and development of business unit commercial resources and site teams.
Qualifications, Training, and Experience
- Hold a degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Knowledge and understanding of subcontract/material orders and procurement.
- Knowledge and understanding of claims and dispute resolution
- Preparation and understanding of financial reports.
- Commercial strategy and innovation to maximize profit and cash management
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of health and safety, quality procedures and construction industry