Our client ranks among the top Building & Civil Engineering Contractors operating both in Ireland and internationally and has carried out projects of the largest scale and complexity. They build, refurbish and extend buildings around the country and cover all sectors – Healthcare, Industrial, Civic, Leisure, Offices, Residential, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Hi-Tech and Data-Centre’s. We successfully deliver projects with the highest standards, safety and attention to detail & we have won many industry awards in the process.
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and tool box talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
- Degree qualification or its equivalent in Health & Safety
- 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction/civils projects
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Assist the H&S Officer when liaising with client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings
- Issue and develop performance reports and policies to Construction Director
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
Our client is a long standing & reputable main contractors who are committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development.
You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Manager who will provide you with support & development throughout the project.